Owner and Founder of 4E Kennels, AKC CGC Evaluator, Dog Trainer, Puppy Aptitude Test Evaluator, B.A. in Secondary English Education
Founded 4E Kennels in 2011
I have my BA in English Education, my masters in Curriculum and Instruction and taught for the Clark County School District for 12 years. Children and dogs are not that different. I have loved learning how puppies develop, creating and implementing strategies to promote service dog quality puppies and creating curriculum based on those sensitive developmental needs.
A few years ago, Getzy came into my life and he changed the way I view dogs. His intelligence and spirit inspired me to have Getzy complete the Delta Society Pet Partner training so he and I would be able to visit those in need. Getzy has accompanied me into the classroom and helped me single handedly pilot a "Reading With Dogs" program in my 8th grade classroom. It was a highlight of my 12 year teaching career! I was also a service dog trainer for the 'National Institute for Diabetic Alert Dogs' (N.I.D.A.D.) and through these experiences, I found that there is a great need to breed and provide puppies that have been developed with the best care, socialization, health and love. I researched dog breeds extensively, first trying to find the "best" all around dog. I felt the Goldendoodle met my standards with ease.
All my puppies are well-rounded, stable, reliable and full of love to share. Our dogs and puppies are raised in a state of the art nursery outfitted with camera's individual whelping stalls and a full time staff. Creating top of the line goldendoodles is our main focus. Our pups learn early the importance of a positive human relationship. They are challenged and worked daily to create intelligent, balance pups that display good nerve strength and that learn cause and effect, problem solving skills and a positive association to learning and training. Many of our puppies are scent imprinted to the diabetic low scent. We begin work on potty training (I know you like this one) and bring in volunteers to handle and socialize our puppies, increasing resiliency and socialization. All of our puppies are treated and raised as though they will become service dogs. Through selective lineage, we have specifically bred puppies to have the right temperament, intelligence and aptitude for service work. We have produced 100's of service dogs, countless therapy dogs and now facility dogs Exposure is key to creating top of the line service dogs and all of our puppies follow our stringent guidelines. We are changing the face of dog breeding here at 4E Kennels and we hope that you will open your heart and home to one of our elite puppies.
4E Kennels is a network of clients nationally. We follow each others journey's via Facebook, as we shape our goldendoodles as companions, service dogs, therapy dogs or facility dogs. We share, offer advice, laugh and cry together. We are a true 4E Kennels family. It takes a community to raise a great dog and we are doing just that - one dog at a time!
I can promise you your puppy has had the best start here at 4E Kennels.
What We Do
1. Search for, train and test our sire and dams to ensure you are getting nothing but the best in health, intelligence, temperament and bloodlines.
2. Expose the puppies to the "Essential 7 Regime". This elite service dog program exposes the pups to 7 different categories of 7 different stimuli in each. One example is to feed the pups in 7 different locations. You will receive a copy of your pups chart in their puppy packet!
3. Starting at 3 weeks old, each day our pups undergo a program I devised, based on handling needs. I call this our "Puppy Massage" program. This 8 step approach is taken to make sure that all puppies are exposed to various types of human touching, handling and sensation. New owners will be educated on this program (video and handout) so that they can continue at home with their puppy! This is especially important for children in the family to take part in as well.
4. Perform the ENS (early neurological stimulation) AKA the Biosensor program on each pup to improve performance in trainability, health and potential.
5. We begin the vital role of socializing your new puppy. We carefully follow the developmental stages and introduce them to outside stimulus as they are ready. Behavior modification is used when needed. For example, if a puppy is afraid of a stroller when introduced, I will specifically work with a puppy until that fear is eliminated. We also provide mental and physical challenges daily- items that move, items to chew on, climb on and carry, along with tunnels, obstacle courses, scent work and confidence building activities. Play helps develop strength, agility, coordination and skills to function as an adult. Puppies also began using problem solving skills which is vital in producing intelligent dogs. Puppies that do not have these daily challenges become "poor learners" who are unable to handle frustration and are limited in their coping skills. According to Dr. Ed Bailey, this is when breeders have the "power to improve nerve conductivity in both speed and accuracy. Recovery time of the neural synapses is shortened as the chemical and electrical signals react faster and faster and the nerves can fire repeatedly quicker. The brain mass increases dramatically as nerve cell density increases." 4E Kennels works very hard to expose and "work" our puppies so that they can be adult dogs who have appropriate coping skills, high intelligence, the desire to work for humans and sound temperament.
6. We perform the puppy aptitude test as well as a variety of other puppy evaluation exercises at 7 weeks old to help make sure you get a puppy that fits you, your lifestyle and your needs.
8. We provide countless pictures and videos of the puppies during the first 8 weeks with us. Locals are also encouraged to come visit during our scheduled visitation time!
9. Provide a health guarantee - 2 year guarantee against fatal/severe genetic defects.
10. A puppy packet that includes all puppy documentation - including the puppy socialization chart.
11. Age appropriate vaccinations and deworming
12. A puppy blanket with mom's scent.
13. A toy.
14. A sample of food.
15. Unlimited Breeder support as well as a "family".
16. Provide you with a puppy that will bring you unconditional love, play, humor, companionship, service and the most non-judgmental friend you will ever have (we all need one of those)!